- All material formats (book, audio, video, e-book, maps, music)
- Previously released and/or new release titles
- Various record formats ( .mrc, .txt, Microlif.001, etc)
- Delivered via FTP, email, or disk
- Customized MARC records
- Local call numbers, subject headings and holdings fields
- Authority control
- Label creation and application
- Security device application
- Book protection
- Items shipped directly to client libraries
- MARC record delivered to both OCLC and SkyRiver
- Microsoft Word formatted block to be inserted in the copyright page of your publication
DGI provides high-quality MARC records to many publishers and vendors of print and non-print materials, for distribution to their library customers. DGI catalogers, working from surrogates, will create a product that pleases discriminating librarians who are frustrated with records populated with machine-generated metadata.
For 30 years, DGI has met or exceeded the expectations of libraries for high-quality MARC records. Our staff is composed of professional and paraprofessional catalogers with a wide range of expertise in languages and specialized knowledge in areas such as music, maps, audio-visual materials and e-resources. DGI’s staff knows what libraries want: good quality MARC records that are customized to fit their needs, delivered promptly, with convenient and rapid shelf-ready processing–all at a price that frees up their staff to attend to their other pressing tasks, knowing that DGI’s services will ensure that their collections are discoverable by patrons. We can bridge the communication gap that often exists between publishers/distributors and their library customers.
What sets DGI apart from other cataloging vendors is our staff—real catalogers who are carefully selected, professionally educated and held to the highest standards of professional excellence. From our project managers to our physical processing staff, every DGI employee understands what libraries want, because we have been in the trenches ourselves. We have run technical services departments in academic libraries, we have managed solo special libraries, we have (and some of us still do) provided reference and cataloging support to public, academic and school libraries. We can talk the talk, because we have walked the walk.
DGI does it all! Our clients include: